Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Blue Devils!

Now that time has passed, I have accustomed myself to the disappointment of the Cardinals losing the World Series. To my friends who are Red Sox fans, I simply note that the Cards beat the Red Sox in 1946 and 1964, so we're still up 2 to 1.

Now, on to the next annual ritual of fanaticism in our household... the Duke Blue Devils' season is about to begin. Many polls have, I know, picked the Blue Devils to finish fourth in the ACC behind Wake Forest, North Carolina, and Georgia Tech. Hear it here first... ain't gonna happen. Coach K has five McDonald's All-Americans still. Yes, I know, we lost Luol Deng and Chris Duhon. Deng was great and would have been the Player of the Year. But Duke has lost players like that before... Elton Brand, Corey Maggette, Mike Dunleavy, etc. But, come on! Are you telling me that GTech or Wake has a starting five that can go with Sheldon Williams, Shavlik Randolph, Daniel Ewing, JJ Redick, and Sean Dockery? NFW!

Duke will win the ACC. Duke will make the Elite Eight, at least. Duke will have at least two first team All-ACC players (Williams and Redick), and Randolph by the end of the year is going to look like the Top 5 talent he was coming out of high school before he got hurt. Duke will, at some point in the year, be ranked #1 in the country. Because that's what Duke does.

Man, am I juiced up! Duke-Princeton, January 5, 2005, at Cameron! Yah, yah, yah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home