Monday, May 15, 2006

Duke Lacrosse Update

David Evans was indicted today. Evans is the captain of the Duke lacrosse team. Surprisingly, his lawyers (and his parents, at least one of whom and probably both of whom are lawyers too) let him go out and make a public statement. While I am not a criminal defense attorney, I know enough to know that this is a high-risk strategy, and one that they wouldn't have done if they had any doubt about his innocence.

Here is an article about his public statement today. There is a link to the video of his statement, which is compelling viewing.

Look, people with exemplary family backgrounds and a history of accomplishment through high school and college can commit crimes, even rape. People with those kinds of backgrounds can lie too. But this fellow doesn't seem like a liar to me. Judge for yourself.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home